Vacancy Young Program Coordinator, Arctic Frontiers
About Arctic Frontiers
The overall goal of Arctic Frontiers is to contribute to knowledge-based development of business and society in the Arctic. Through its outreach activities Arctic Frontiers sets the agenda, linking policy, business and science for responsible and sustainable development of the Arctic. Since 2007 Arctic Frontiers has gathered delegates representing science, policy and business to discuss responsible and sustainable development of the Arctic in an annual conference. The annual main event is held in Tromsø on January 31 – February 3, 2022.
Arctic Frontiers AS is a non-profit company 100 % owned by Akvaplan-niva, a research and consultancy company based in Tromsø. Arctic Frontiers has an effective, dedicated and competent team which works year-round. The office is located at the Fram Centre.
Arctic Frontiers is seeking for candidates for the position of Young Program Coordinator
Position: part time (50% position) for a period of 6-9 months
Location: Tromsø, Norway
Start date: September 1, 2021
Application deadline: August 15, 2021
Young program coordinator will be responsible for arranging and coordinating the activities under Arctic Frontiers Young portfolio. Traditionally, this portfolio includes activities from kindergarten to high schools, university students and young professionals. In addition, the Young program coordinator will oversee the recruitment and tutelage of volunteers and young participants of the Arctic Frontiers conference and outreach activities such as events both in Norway and abroad.
The Young program coordinator will work as an integrated part of the cross-disciplinary team of Arctic Frontiers. This position offers an international job environment in a highly professional team with a great possibility to gain a unique insight to international Arctic cooperation across disciplines as well as various practical skills in event and project management. Necessary guidance and training will be provided by the senior members of the staff.
Qualifications required for the position:
· Student at Bachelor or Master’s degree level (recent graduates are also encouraged to apply)
· Excellent language skills in English
· Strong communication skills
· Experience in arranging seminars, workshops, conferences is an advantage
· Norwegian language skills are seen as an advantage
· Knowledge and experience in using social media in professional context (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter) is an advantage
· Ability to work independently and maintain positive working relationship with other members of the team
· Outgoing personality, comfortable with reaching out to and communicating with people from different backgrounds and cultures
· Proactive working attitude, ability to manage time effectively, and attention to details
· Ability to work in a structured manner
· Ability to work well under pressure and in rapidly changing work environment
To apply please send us your motivation letter and the CV to: email@example.com
For more information about the position and process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org