Arctic Frontiers Student Forum
The goal of this event is to bring young students from the Barents region of Norway and Russia together and create a platform to deepen their understanding of Arctic issues, to provide the space for intergenerational dialogue and make them aware of the growing opportunities in this region.
The Student Forum summer event 2021 will gather students and delegates from Norwegian and Russian institutions in two hubs: one in Tromsø, Norway and another one in Murmansk, Russia. Program content takes place both in Tromsø and in Murmansk and is streamed to the respective hubs.
During these three days, we will talk about issues regarding the Arctic, raise awareness, provoke discussion, inspire solutions, demonstrate innovative pursuits taking place in the Arctic, meet young Arctic entrepreneurs, and discuss further opportunities for contribution from young students.
Topics which will be covered during the event:
- Dialogue with experts in the Arctic region
- Workshops on developing your research and professional career
- Improving teamwork and leadership skills
- Educational Tours
- Networking with valuable professionals and peers
- Broadening perspectives about Arctic issues
The program grooms and motivates participants to have an active role in their society and in their professional field in addition to discussing Arctic related topics in an international atmosphere.
With this event, Arctic Frontiers makes its contribution for making Arctic more attractive for young students and professionals. Student forum is part of the Arctic Frontiers Young portfolio, along with Arctic Frontiers Science, business and policy.
For more information contact:
(Executive Director Arctic Frontiers)
We are pleased to announce that there will be Arctic Frontiers Student Forum 2021. The Student Forum is an initiative of Arctic Frontiers, Akvaplan-niva and the Russian Geographical Society. The goal of the Student Forum is to create a platform for young students to deepen their understanding of Arctic issues and to provide the space for an intergenerational dialogue. If you are a bachelor or a master student interested in arctic issues, this is for you!
Arctic Frontiers Student Forum 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to plan the Student Forum 2021 differently from previous years. Student Forum 2021 will have two parts.
- The first part is organized as a virtual event and will come off within Arctic Frontiers 2021 (February 1-4). The program for the Student Forum is open to all bachelor and master students across the globe who register to take part in the main Arctic Frontiers Conference. To participate, register for the main Arctic Frontiers Conference at a 50% discounted rate for students.
- In addition to the virtual event, we will arrange five physical discussion hubs for selected students studying in Tromsø, Bodø, Arkhangelsk, Murmansk and St. Petersburg. The discussion hubs will have deliberations on thematic topics of the conference and will also engage in group tasks.
- The second part of the Student Forum 2021 is planned as a physical event in Tromsø (July 5-7, 2021) the Covid-19 pandemic permitting travelling and physical gathering. The purpose of the physical meeting in Tromsø is to allow students to work together in groups and also to embark on educational tours and excursions. This part is limited to selected students from the Norwegian and Russian parts of the Barents Region.
Short video from Arctic Frontiers Student Forum 2016
Sushmit Dhar email