Arctic Student Forum
The Arctic Student Forum is a five-day, interdisciplinary event bringing together students from across the world with interest in the Arctic region. It takes place in Tromsø, Norway alongside the Arctic Frontiers conference. The Arctic Student Forum goes through a broad range of topics, but all with focus on the development of various Arctic related issues.
We seek Bachelor- and Master students from around the world to become part of a vivid discussion about the Arctic. Students from any field of study are welcome to apply.
What to expect
The program includes talks by invited scientists, politicians, business- and NGO representatives, as well as student presentations on selected topics.
You can expect a week filled with various activities, including:
- The 3-days intensive course “Global Arctic”
- Workshops on developing your research and professional career
- Attending Arctic Frontiers main venue conference events
- Improving your teamwork and leadership skills
- Networking with valuable professionals and peers
- Broadening your perspectives by being in an international environment
The goals of the forum are to foster peer-based professional development as well as establishing open dialogues with experts in the Arctic region. The program motivates participants to have a voice in their professional society in addition to discussing Arctic related topics in an international atmosphere.
When and where
The Arctic Student Forum 2017 takes place in Tromsø, Norway during 20-25 January 2017.
As a participant, you will have the following costs covered by the organisers of the Arctic Student Forum:
- Participation fee: You will not have to pay for any of the events included in the Forum program. You will also have free access to selected events at the Arctic Frontiers conference.
- Accommodation costs: You will not have to pay for your accommodation in Tromsø within the period of 20-25 January 2017.
- Food during the course of the Arctic Student Forum will be covered.
How to apply
Deadline: all applications should be completed no later than 7 December 2016 (deadline extended).
In order to apply for the Arctic Student Forum, you need to fill out the participation form below.
What to include in your cover letter:
You can construct your cover letter as you wish as long as it meets the requirements of being approximately 500 words of length. We would like to know about your interest in the Arctic, willingness to discuss ideas with your peers and experts, and your motivation to actively participate and contribute during the Arctic Student Forum.
If you have a research project done, or in progress, that is related to the Arctic region, we would like to learn about it. However, if you do not have a research project about the Arctic, tell us about your interest in the future development and challenges of the Arctic region.
We hope to see you at the Arctic Student Forum in January 2017!
Short video from Arctic Student Forum 2016
Downloads from Arctic Student Forum 2016
Jens Isak Hultgreen Nielsen email +47 986 92 554