Arctic Frontiers Student Forum
We are pleased to announce that there will be Arctic Frontiers Student Forum 2021. The Student Forum is an initiative of Arctic Frontiers, Akvaplan-niva and the Russian Geographical Society. The goal of the Student Forum is to create a platform for young students to deepen their understanding of Arctic issues and to provide the space for an intergenerational dialogue. If you are a bachelor or a master student interested in arctic issues, this is for you!
Arctic Frontiers Student Forum 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to plan the Student Forum 2021 differently from previous years. Student Forum 2021 will have two parts.
- The first part is organized as a virtual event and will come off within Arctic Frontiers 2021 (February 1-4). The program for the Student Forum is open to all bachelor and master students across the globe who register to take part in the main Arctic Frontiers Conference. To participate, register for the main Arctic Frontiers Conference at a 50% discounted rate for students.
- In addition to the virtual event, we will arrange five physical discussion hubs for selected students studying in Tromsø, Bodø, Arkhangelsk, Murmansk and St. Petersburg. The discussion hubs will have deliberations on thematic topics of the conference and will also engage in group tasks. Students who wish to participate in the discussion hubs event should look out for guidelines on how to participate from their local university.
- Contact information for students from the Arkhangelsk region: Natalia Fedorova, Adviser at the International Academic Mobility Centre, International Cooperation Department, Northern (Arctic) Federal University, E-mail: email@example.com
- Students from UiT The Arctic University of Norway can find information on how to apply here: https://uit.no/tavla/artikkel?p_document_id=710818
- Contact information for students from the Murmansk region: Sergey Goncharov, Deputy Chairman on International and Project activities of the Murmansk branch of the Russian Geographical Society, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The announcement and call for applications to the regional contest can be found here: https://www.rgo.ru/ru/article/v-murmanske-proydet-pervyy-etap-studencheskogo-foruma-v-ramkah-mezhdunarodnoy-konferencii
- The second part of the Student Forum 2021 is planned as a physical event in Tromsø (July 5-7, 2021) the Covid-19 pandemic permitting travelling and physical gathering. The purpose of the physical meeting in Tromsø is to allow students to work together in groups and also to embark on educational tours and excursions. This part is limited to selected students from the Norwegian and Russian parts of the Barents Region.
Funding Opportunity and Participation
There is a funding opportunity for Norwegian and Russian Barents students to cover for the main conference registration and also for the planned physical event in Tromsø in July 2021. Flight, accommodation and food costs for participants at the physical event in Tromsø will be covered. Students who wish to participate in the discussion hubs and the summer event should look out for guidelines on how to participate from their local university.
Information on this page will be updated regularly.
Short video from Arctic Frontiers Student Forum 2016
Ibrahim M Larry Fataka email +47 486 26 655