Arctic Frontiers Student Forum
The Arctic Frontiers Student Forum is a five-day, interdisciplinary event bringing together students from across the world with interest in the Arctic region. It takes place in Tromsø, Norway alongside the Arctic Frontiers conference. The Arctic Frontiers Student Forum goes through a broad range of topics, but all with focus on the development of various Arctic related issues.
We seek Bachelor- and Master students from around the world to become part of a vivid discussion about the Arctic. Students from any field of study are welcome to apply.
What to expect
The program includes talks by invited scientists, politicians, business- and NGO representatives, as well as student presentations on selected topics.
You can expect a week filled with various activities, including:
- The 3-days intensive course
- Workshops on developing your research and professional career
- Attending Arctic Frontiers main venue conference events
- Improving your teamwork and leadership skills
- Networking with valuable professionals and peers
- Broadening your perspectives by being in an international environment
The goals of the forum are to foster peer-based professional development as well as establishing open dialogues with experts in the Arctic region. The program motivates participants to have a voice in their professional society in addition to discussing Arctic related topics in an international atmosphere.
When and where
The Arctic Frontiers Student Forum 2018 takes place in Tromsø, Norway during January 2018.
As a participant, you will have the following costs covered by the organisers of the Arctic Student Forum:
- Participation fee: You will not have to pay for any of the events included in the Forum program. You will also have free access to selected events at the Arctic Frontiers conference.
- Accommodation costs: You will not have to pay for your accommodation in Tromsø during the period of the Arctic Student Forum.
- Food during the course of the Arctic Student Forum will be covered.
How to apply
Deadline: all applications should be completed no later than 7 December 2017.
In order to apply for the Arctic Frontiers Student Forum, you need to fill out the participation form below.
What to include in your cover letter:
You can construct your cover letter as you wish as long as it meets the requirements of being approximately 500 words of length. We would like to know about your interest in the Arctic, willingness to discuss ideas with your peers and experts, and your motivation to actively participate and contribute during the Arctic Frontiers Student Forum.
If you have a research project done, or in progress, that is related to the Arctic region, we would like to learn about it. However, if you do not have a research project about the Arctic, tell us about your interest in the future development and challenges of the Arctic region.
We hope to see you at the Arctic Frontiers Student Forum in January 2018!
Short video from Arctic Frontiers Student Forum 2016
Martin Mathisen email (47) 984 48 413